1. In 1953, it took 27 hours to create one Marshmallow Peep. Today it takes 6 minutes.
2. Americans will eat more than 600 million marshmallow Peeps and Bunnies this Easter.
3. Until 1995, when lavender was added, Peeps came in only three colors: yellow, pink and white. In 1998, the set was rounded off with blue.
4. Peeps have a shelf life of two years.
5. Many newspapers offer Peeps diorama contests near Easter. The Washington Post is known for having some of the most creative entries. Check out the 2011 contestants here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/peeps
6. Each Peep has 32 calories and 0 grams of fat.